Sunday, June 15, 2008

Indulgence

That was our meeting topic yesterday and yes, I do indulge. But mine are somewhat planned. Pretty much every Saturday, I blow right through my 22 daily points and at least half of my weeklies. Usually I use the extra weekly points on lunch and dinner out, but this week's 35 points went straight toward martinis!

My husband and I went to Grata, a new lounge in the south part of town. We dropped in to have A drink. As in one. Only one. HOWEVER, they have an extensive martini list and well, one led to two....and two led to three....

We had a great time but decided it's probably good that we live about 15 miles away on the north side of town because otherwise my 35 points would routinely be spent there! lol....

After Grata we went to the Starlight Lounge, another martini bar, located downtown and on our way home. It's sort of a throwback lounge...chairs, couches, and other decor from the 1970's. They have a couch in there that is exactly like the one my aunt & uncle had when I was a kid. Same design and fabric, but a different color. And the carpet is orange...as in Brady Bunch orange! I only had one drink and we called it a night.

So yes, I indulge....and apparently that includes martinis!

I lost 1.4 this week so that brings me to 56.2 total. My personal goal is to lose 80 pounds, but my WW goal is 75. So I've only got 18.8 to go for that. It seems weird typing a number in the teens.....lol....

3 comments:

ptg said...

LOL - I'm not a martini gal, but I LOVE me some mojitos!

Your progress is so inspiring - it's under 20lbs now, you can do it!!!

Hazel said...

Indulging in good drinks sounds like a great idea to me! Good for you for treating yourself to things you enjoy. I'm still working on figuring out how to balance that.

I'm always so impressed with your weekly weight losses! You are doing such a great job!

RooBabs said...

Keep up the great work! It's good to indulge now and then so that you don't feel deprived. It seems like you've figured out the balance of it all.

Congrats again on the loss! : )