- I finished my second week of the C25K. I still have to really concentrate on breathing deeply so that I don't get side stitches, but it's going well. As long as I'm thinking about that, I don't notice other discomforts as much.
- We went to the Neil Diamond concert in Omaha a couple of nights ago. My husband's parents bought us the tickets and we went with them and 4 other family members. I only knew his mainstream songs like Sweet Caroline (bomp bomp bommpp), Forever in Blue Jeans, and America...but it was quite a bit of fun. I was surprised at the varied crowd...we saw people in their 20s and people in their 80s. Elderly people using walkers and drunk people who could've benefited from having a walker themselves! Oh, and we even saw one guy get taken to the ground outside and handcuffed by the police....BEFORE the show even started! Who would've thought...at a Neil Diamond concert??!! lol...
- I picked out new eyeglasses yesterday. After wearing contacts for 21 years, I'm going to give them up and go back to glasses full-time (or at least 90% anyway). I'm looking forward to my eyes not being bloodshot and dry all the time.
- I had an hour-long hot stone massage this afternoon as my 60-pound reward. It was AWESOME! When I got home I took a 90-minute nap. =) I have just enough left on the gift certificate for another one, so I will save it for when I make goal. I had a facial with it a few months ago, too, so I've gotten some nice pampering out of it. Thanks, honey! =)
- And last but not least, I lost 1 pound at weigh-in this morning bringing me to 61 pounds even. Fourteen to go...
Saturday, July 26, 2008
A Little This & A Little That
Lots of stuff to touch on this week!