Friday, December 7, 2007

Not Worth the Points!

Okay, so my husband and I caved in and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Wednesday night for dinner. We used to go there every single Wednesday or Thursday, but we hadn't been there since the beginning of November (before WW).

I had about 8-10 tortilla chips with salsa and my usual tostada with rice and beans. In the past, I would snarf it all down, even if I was full half-way through. This night, it just didn't do much for me. I don't know if it was that I was feeling guilty for eating something so unhealthy, or because of my cold my tastebuds are off. For whatever reason it was just so blah! Maybe it's also because we've been cooking more using really fragrant ingredients....garlic, onion, cilantro, etc.

I only ate about half of the rice and beans, and also left about 4 bites of the tostada. I also skipped the margarita and opted for a diet soda instead.

I am having dinner with my girlfriends Monday night at another Mexican restaurant, owned by the same people as the other place. I'll order something else and see if tastes better now that I'm getting over my cold a bit. Perhaps it's just that my tastes have changed.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. I'm expecting about a 1-pound loss. That's better than a 1-pound gain!

No comments: