Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Keeping My Word and a Shout-Out

That's right folks....I've EXERCISED every day since last Friday! AND I even went to the gym last night! =)

I started back walking/climbing stairs here at work during my breaks and lunch. The stairs are kicking my butt...well, technically my calves. They are NOT very happy with me. lol.... I had a "note to self" moment yesterday...."don't look down to adjust the volume on your shuffle" because I wasn't paying attention to where I was and completely missed a set of stairs. Luckily for me there were just 3 of them, but it was still quite a shock! How I didn't complete biff it I don't know because by the time I recovered I was at the bottom of them and still on my feet, surprisingly enough. I'm just glad no one was up there to see it because I know my arms were a-flailing! lol....

I saw a number on the scale that I haven't see in oh, about 5 years, this morning! 151.4 which is .8 less than weigh-in last Saturday. =) Go me! (yes, I'm tooting my own horn here) Let's just hope it keeps going down over the next few days so I have a nice loss at my next weigh-in.

This is off subject, but I wanted to brag about my husband just a bit. Last November when I decided to do something about my expanding waistline and join WW, I never asked him to do it with me or said he needed to lose weight, too. As he puts it now, he just "came along for the ride." He makes better food choices, doesn't eat as much, and is at the gym at 5 a.m. M-F.

He's 6'3" and when he started his "lifestyle change" he weighed 285. Last Saturday morning he weighed 228. That's 57 pounds! I need to take an "after" shot and post it here with a "before" picture so you can see the difference. I'm very proud of him and I contribute my success to him because he's been uber supportive through this whole process.

So there's my 'shout-out' to my hubs. =)

I'll check back in after weigh-in this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband here....For the record, I get up at 5AM, and am usually at the gym at 5:15. Most of the time I'm home by 6 to make coffee and get ready for the day. I have had 1week in the past 3 months that I made it all 5 days. Realistically, it's more like at least 3 days, hoping for 4 mornings. Just clarifying to let you all know that I an human and we all need a break some times.

kikimonster said...

You BOTH deserve a shout out. Good job with getting back to the gym :) How's that ankle doing?

K @ Running Through Life said...

Woohoo!! Great job to BOTH of you!!!!

RooBabs said...

Wow- congrats to the Hubs, and to you of course for being down so far this week!!! Good for him for making the commitment, without your prodding. You're so lucky to have his support.

And way to go to you for being so active lately. I wish we had stairs around here, but it's just one big one-story building. But it does give me the option of getting up and wandering around the cubicles every now and then. In no time your calves will love you. And I totally laughed at your description of your arms "a-flailing", because that is so something I would do.

Anonymous said...

Your hubs' post made me laugh -- he's definitely all about keeping it real. :) Both of you are doing GREAT. I'm betting on you making your goal by T'giving. (I work in a 22 story building and would love to do some stair climbing, but they look the stairwell doors -- and I have been trapped inside. Not fun to climb all the way down 22 flights.)

Chellie has Issues said...

I take it your ankle is better after hurting it in the Mud Bowl? Great job with the daily workouts!!!